Write For Open Democracy
- 21. Feb
Open Democracy is a media platform established in 2001. It is an independent platform publishing approximately 60 articles per week. This website has more than 8 million visits in a year. Open Democracy is focused on reporting and analyzing political and social issues. The aim of this platform is to educate its readers i.e. common citizens who will challenge authorities and empower democratic debate all around the world. Human right is the core issue of democracy and thus of this platform too. The method Open Democracy applies is reflected in open-mindedness. Most frequently addressed questions are related to freedom, democracy, and justice.
- Articles should have 800-1200 words.
- Writers are asked to familiarize themselves with the content previously published.
- The material should not be sent simultaneously to several magazines.
- Writers should inform if the article submitted was published elsewhere (and add respective link).
- The audience is global and region-specific reference should be avoided.
- Writers should send links providing context to the article sent.
- Writers must send their biography, appropriate links, and a headshot.
- Copyright remains with the author.
- Political issues
- Social issues
- Human rights
Writers are asked to send their articles by filling the form available at https://www.opendemocracy.net/node/add/submission. Response period is not defined.