Write For New Matilda
- 21. Feb
New Matilda is an independent journalism magazine. The magazine was founded in 2004 and has ever since been publishing intelligent and insightful content on Australian and international politics, culture and media. New stories are being published daily. At New Matilda, they believe that vigorous media are of crucial importance for the development of a healthy democracy. The need for an independent media is increasing every day, both in Australia and on an international level. This magazine aims to offer independent and mindful journalism. New Matilda is focused on providing compelling commentaries on new events, most recent news and investigative journalism. This magazine has published articles prepared by more than a 1000 writers- journalists, politicians, academics, bloggers, and lawyers.
- Articles must be witty, independent and brave.
- Material available elsewhere will not be reproduced.
- Focused is placed on journalism.
- Original research, new ideas and fresh opinions are welcomed.
- Content can also present sharp arguments.
- Jargon and unexplained acronyms should be avoided.
- Links should be included where relevant.
- Major facts must be sourced.
- Content must be properly structured.
- Stories are generally 800-1200 words long.
- Content must be submitted in Word format or compatible form.
- Photos can be added but the author must have respective ownership rights.
- Political issues
- Social issues
- Breaking news on current affairs
Articles should be sent to email@example.com. Response period is one week.