Write For Mother Jones
- 22. Feb
Mother Jones is a non-profit news organization, supported by its readers. It was founded in 1976 with a mission to publish smart and fearless journalism. This magazine is mainly focused on investigative reporting on a wide range of important topics, from politics and education to climate changes and food. Thorough reporting, breaking news and innovative coverage of politics are a primary concern Mother Jones website is visited by 11 million people monthly. The central office of the magazine is in San Francisco, but it also has offices in Washington and New York.It was declared Magazine of the Year in 2017 by National Association of Magazine Editors.
- Stories must be solidly reported.
- News published must be ground-breaking.
- Opinions are also acceptable but have to be timely.
- Analytical pieces should be related to most important current issues.
- Content must be provocative and should inspire the readers to think through.
- Local issues should be avoided unless they have implications on a national level.
- Extensively covered news/topics will not be published, unless written from a new angle.
- Cultural essays could also be accepted.
- Web content usually has less than 1500 words.
- Magazine articles have up to 500 words.
- Writers should send a brief bio and up to three their most relevant links.
- Writers should survey the magazine to inform themselves on the tone and style of the magazine.
- National politics
- Environmental issues
- Corporate wrongdoing
- Human rights
- Political influence in all spheres
Writers are asked to inform on the idea they intend to cover using emails available at https://www.motherjones.com/about/staff. Response period is not defined.